Family is the most basic unit of any Society. Well informed families will create well informed Churches and Nations. If the family or a home is empowered and commits itself to regularly engage with the Scriptures eventually the entire nation will engage with the Scriptures. The provision of Family Scripture Engagement Packs will motivate families to study and discuss the word of God together using the Bible reading guides from Scripture Union.
For continuing projects you may use this section to describe any lessons learned from past experience.
Beneficiaries will have a life changing experience which will affect their families, churches as well as the society they live in. The project hopes to reach:
- 340 homes in northern region (2 districts)
- 680 homes in central region (4 districts)
- 1020 homes in southern region (6 districts)
- Scripture Union: availability of Chichewa Bible Study guides and training of the families for use of material
- Churches among them, the Roman Catholic Church, Church of Central African Presbyterian and Seventh Day Adventist Church: recruitment of the families who will sign up to participate in the project and reporting to the Bible Society
- UBS, ABS, funding and financing of the project
- Volunteers and staff of Bible Society of Malawi; execution and local implementation of the project