WHO WE ARE
The Bibles in Malawi is an inter-confessional organization seeking to serve all Christian Churches and Church related organizations in Malawi. We seek to carry out our task in partnership and co-operation with all Christian Churches and Church related-organizations in Malawi. We belong to a Global network of 146 National Bible Societies operating in over 200 countries that has been in existence since 1946. The mandate of the Bible Society of Malawi is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church by translating, producing, distributing and encouraging the people to use Scriptures in their day-to-day lives. Every person in Malawi to have access to the Scriptures of their preferred language and format. The reason we exist is to equip churches in Malawi with the Holy Scriptures that are affordable and available at all times.
- We value Churches as the primary agents of God’s mission in the world.
- We value resources that help people to engage with the Word of God.
- We value all the different media that enable us to distribute the Bible.
- We value affordability of Scriptures for everyone.
- We value open relationships, mutual accountability and responsible use of God-given resources